A is for Apple & Oatmeal Cookies
Now for the recipe...
- Heat oven to 170 C. Next line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Using a hand held or freestanding electric mixer, cream together the butter & both types of sugar. Add the egg & vanilla & mix well on a medium speed. Sift flour, salt, cinnamon & baking soda, then add half to the creamed mixture. Once combined, add in the other half & mix well until a dough forms.
- Peel grate the apples & squeeze out the juice. (You won't need the juice so either down the sink or if you're a fan of apple juice, you could always squeeze it into a glass & drink it!)
- Add the oats & the grated apple to the cookie dough & mix in by hand.
- Break off pieces of the dough about 2 tablespoons in size), roll into balls & place on the prepared baking trays. Allow 5-6 cookies per sheet, making sure to space them apart by 7-8cm as they will spread during cooking.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cookies are a light golden brown. Leave to cool on the trays for 10 mins then remove to wire racks.